Sunday, August 16, 2009

Innovate with Google Maps and Google Docs

Have you seen IT companies websites recently? They doesn't seems like they themselves are aware of the true potential of Web 2.0. Here are few tips and trick to use when (re)designing your company website.

Company's Contact Us web page / Locate Us pages are simple static content with address. Hard to visualize and outdated, doesn't reflect company's diversity, even when the office addresses runs to the bottom of the page. You should, at that point, think back and check whether the website represents company's brand.

Here is an example to spruce up the company's contact information. Company website is the first point of entry for a customer where he would like to visualize about company's capabilities to do certain things. What is far more amazing is that you doesn't need to be a Javascript or web designer guru to do this.




Doing this was so simple in Google docs, that all I needed to do was to enter my fake company's address in one column and contact information in another (Okay, I cheated I used little bit of HTML to make contact information look good). Than I selected the range and told Google spreadsheet to insert a Google Map gadget. Once I am done customizing the gadget I asked for publishing URL and whoof!! I got this beautiful looking Google Map representing my company's location. I could have done far more innovation had I have been used Google Maps API.

The possibilities are unlimited but you have to open your mind towards them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Τhіѕ is my 1st сomment here so I just wanted to gіvе a quick shout out and tell you I truly enjοy reading youг poѕts.
Сan you ѕuggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topiсs?
Appreсiate it!

Visit my ρagе ... Flash free adventure games

Anonymous said...

Hellο! Do уοu know if they make any
plugins to help with Search Engine Optimіzation?
ӏ'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good results.

If you know οf any please share. Cheers!


Also ѵіsit mу website; web deveopment greece

 

Site Info

Text

Java 2 Enterprise Edition Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie